How We Rate Legal PA Online Gambling Sites
You can use multiple aspects to determine whether an online casino is legal. Some of the elements to consider include:
License and Regulations
For an online casino to run legally in PA, it must have a permit from Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board (PGCB). And, the Know Your Customer (KYC) regulations and responsible gaming laws also protect punters. The approved online casinos go through regular assessments.
Then, they publish their return-to-player (RTP). Our team only evaluates online casinos with licenses from PGCB.
Safety and Security
A legal casino must use systems that guarantee players the safety of their information. The explosion of numerous online casinos comes with many scandals resulting from laxity or non-existence of security features. Apart from system security, some platforms may rig results to favor the casino.
Besides, some casino websites may hold a winning player's funds for an unreasonably long period or run away with the funds. Therefore, we recommend that bettors play at online bookies with approval from PGCB and those with raving reviews from the previous clients.
Trustworthy and Reputation
A respectable casino has three key attributes: the license it holds, the safety measures it uses, and the reviews by clients. In terms of licensing, PGCB approves online casinos in PA. So, we rate those with approval from the above licensing body as reputable. Secondly, top-notch casinos use advanced technology to safeguard their client's data.
In this regard, we review those casino websites that use secure sockets layers (SSL). Banks and other financial institutions use the SSL technology, so it's reliable. Finally, the reviews of the present and previous clients can speak a lot about the gambling site. A casino with raving client reviews is respectable because it offers clients high-quality services.
Number and Variety of Games
The best online casinos in PA should offer a broad choice of games with exciting jackpots and other table matches. The games should have bettor-friendly odds that aren’t in favor of the house.
Many bettors want to play their favorite casino games while on the go. The best online casinos are mobile-friendly. And, offer players a memorable experience.
However, different mobile apps don't provide the same user experience. We rate the apps according to speed, software, and simplicity of use to determine those that offer a high-quality user experience.
Bonuses and Promotions
Most online casinos offer their new players a variety of welcome bonuses and promos. However, in most cases, many websites use vague language and attach extreme rules. Because of the stringent requirements, many players don't access these bonuses.
Thus, in checking the quality of rewards, we assess various terms online casinos use to determine straightforward ones in their bonus offerings. And, many casinos have multiple ongoing promos.
While most of them may look attractive to many punters, most online casinos don't fulfill their promises. Our analysts look closely at those offers to determine the best.
These programs motivate loyal clients who stick to the online site to climb many steps in the hierarchy of tiers. The more the gamblers stick to the website and continue playing the matches, the more points they earn in these reward programs.
Many online casinos in PA offer cashback to clients with many loyalty points. However, there are those gambling sites that provide extra perks like a variety of dining choices. We evaluate those that offer additional bonuses on their loyalty programs.
The best online casinos in PA should offer multiple payment withdrawal choices. We evaluate those that use popular payment methods, including PayPal, ACH/bank transfer, cash at the casino cage, check mail, and credit/debit cards. Many bettors prefer PayPal because it’s quick and accessible to many clients in Pennsylvania.
Online Gambling Laws and Regulations in PA You Need to Know About
PA is the fourth state to legalize online casinos in the US. At the moment, multiple laws regulate the subsector, including:
- Online betting: Online Sports gambling is now legal as a result of 2017 state law. Furthermore, in May 2018, the US apex court judgment brought to an end the federal prohibition of sports online gambling beyond Nevada. As a result of the ban, online sports gambling emerged in Pennsylvania in 2017. The subsector is under the control of PGCB.
- Bingo: In PA, the laws that oversee Bingo are under Bingo Law, 10 Stat. § 301. The regulations permit municipal authorities to run bingo sports for donation goals. The rules prohibit the operation of bingo games outside brick-and-mortar establishments.
- Casino: The laws regulating online casino games in Pennsylvania came into being in 2017. The rules led to the emergence of virtual slots and online table matches in 2019.
- Lotteries: The 2017 law recognized online lotteries as legal games in PA. The games are under the control of the state’s gambling commission.
- Fantasy Sports: Virtual fantasy games are legal in PA. The participants in these stimulated games know their prize ahead of time and use their skills and competencies to win the matches.
- Social Gaming: Although there are no particular social gaming laws in PA, the Commonwealth allows it. Casino operators who wish to offer these free games without rewards are free to do so without a permit. The operators can benefit from other acts and the state's case laws. Online casino operators can use social gaming as a freemium model where players can buy a different game to enrich their playing experience.
- Poker: Virtual casino betting came into being in 2017 and is under the control of PGCB. The first company started offering matches in PA in 2019. More operators are expected to begin offering the service.
Are Online Casinos in Pennsylvania Safe?
Yes, online casinos in Pennsylvania are safe. Various factors help to explain the safety of an online casino:
- State regulations: All the legal virtual casinos in PA must adhere to the rules of PGCB.
- KYC and fair betting laws: the Know Your Customer (KYC) regulations and reliable regulations help guard the client. The regular evaluation of the games enhances their integrity and impartiality. Furthermore, there is a dispute resolution mechanism to arbitrate disagreements.
- Offshore-based online casinos: These are not regulated by PGCB and may pose some danger. It's advisable to avoid them.
List of Licensed Online Casinos in PA and Who Operates Them
In Pennsylvania, multiple online casino businesses have come up due to the enactment of casino legislation. We review the best PA virtual casinos as follows:
This virtual casino has multiple features that make it exceptional. Firstly, it’s regulated by PGCB, and bettors can play their favorite games with confidence. Secondly, the bookie has the best iOS and Android gaming app so that you can play while on the go.
Again, FanDuel has a broad range of games, including table and slot games, which offers players a variety. In case you win, you can withdraw your rewards with minimal hassle within 24 hours.
The bookie has multiple perks that bettors can enjoy. For instance, its brand name is highly respected in the industry and offers a variety of games. Apart from the advantages mentioned above, Unibet different qualities that make it stand out. For starters, when signing up as a new player, you get 10 USD for registering your account.
The registration process is hassle-free because you only select the welcome offer you want and provide personal information like your name, date of birth, and phone contacts. Secondly, the bookie accepts popular payment and banking methods such as PayPal, Unibet Play+ card, and online banking.
Another outstanding feature of Unibet is that it’s available on mobile web browsers, iOS and Android gadgets, and desktop. Its interface is easy, simple, and works quickly.
Due to the reputation of the Fox brand, FoxBet is a respectable bookie in PA. Multiple aspects make FoxBet outstanding. To start with, when you sign up and deposit up to $500, your first bet will be risk-free. This means that even if you lose the bet, your $500 won’t be affected.
Secondly, the FoxBet has various games, including virtual sports wagering, college football, MLB, NBA, and others. Bettors who love these games can enjoy the multiple offerings by the bookmarker. The mobile app available on Android and iOS enables punters to keep wagering while on the go.
DraftKings is an online casino that has been operating in PA since 2019. Among the qualities that make it stand out is its welcome bonus. Upon registering your account, the bookie matches your first deposit with wagering credits of up to $250.
Secondly, the online casino recognizes various deposit and withdrawal options such as ACH Transfer, Cash Cage, PayPal, etc.
Again, punters who use this bookie have a vast library of games to select from. The bookmarker has partnered with Evolution Gaming to deliver more matches to the players.
Yet, DraftKings adopts responsible betting strategies by giving details on contacting them if your family member experiences problems in wagering. The bookie provides details of your limits regarding spending, deposits, and the duration of play.
BetRivers is under the regulation of PGCB so that punters can play their favorite matches with confidence. The key features of the bookie include a 25% deposit reward upon opening its account. Their registration procedure is pretty simple because you only need to provide personal information like name, gender, SSN, email, and password.
BetRivers accepts various deposit and withdrawals methods such as Cash Cage, Online Banking, and credit/debit cards. Also, the bookmarker offers multiple games that give bettors different choices. For instance, bettors can enjoy a variety of slots, video poker, and two blackjacks.
Finally, online bookmarker supports responsible gambling features such as self-exclusion.
SugarHouse casino has over 1600 slot matches, multiple table matches, and poker rooms on its platform. Under the regulation of PGCB, bettors can play their favorite games with a high degree of self-assurance. The casino offers a generous loyalty program where punters earn points when wagering.
If you sign up at SugarHouse and present their promotion code “250match”, you'll enjoy a 100% match on your initial deposit. The bookie accepts various payment and deposit methods such as ACH, Neteller, PayPal, Skrill, and online banking.
Finally, the bookmarker offers punters multiple games such as starburst, Hotline, Flowers, etc.
The booker was the first to start operating an online casino in Pennsylvania. Hollywood has multiple features that make it the best for different kinds of punters. Firstly, new punters can enjoy a 100% match reward on their first deposit upon signing up.
Additionally, when you open an account with the bookmarker, you get a bonus of 10 USD even before you make any deposits. The bookmarker recognizes multiple ways regarding payment and withdrawal methods, including credit/debit cards, PayNearMe, etc.
The Hollywood app is user-friendly, and bettors can download it and use it to play their games while on the go.
PokerStars is regulated by PGCB and offers bettors multiple perks. As a welcoming bonus, new clients can enjoy up to a $1500 bonus matched to their deposits. You can easily open an account with PokerStars using your email address and consenting to the user agreement.
The bookmarker supports various payment and deposit techniques such as e-wallets, Debit/Credit cards, etc. The platform supports a variety of online casino games through its mobile app and desktop. Punters with iOS and Android gadgets can play the games while on the go. PokerStars recognizes and supports responsible betting on its platform.
PA Online Casino Bonuses and Promotions
Various virtual gambling sites in Pennsylvania offer multiple rewards to players who open accounts and make the first deposit.
- No deposit rewards: The no-deposit rewards are suitable for punters who want to experiment with a new casino before making a deposit.
- Deposit bonuses: These rewards offer punters an opportunity for more earnings on their deposits. They attract massive amounts compared to no-deposit tips.
- Match bonus: Punters who open an account and deposit a specific amount get a reward similar to their deposit. For instance, Unibet offers a 100% match on the first deposit.
- Reload bonus: These rewards resemble welcome bonuses. However, they have a reduced percentage, and they're available for existing clients.
- Free spins: If it's the first time you're betting, a free spin enables you to make a risk-free bet. They welcome you to make your early wagering without spending your deposit amount.
- Promo codes: The promo codes help clients to claim different promotions by an online casino.
Online Casino Games
There are a variety of online casino games in PA. These include:
- Online slots: Many punters enjoy playing different virtual casino matches with a variety of slot names. The slots come with juicy rewards and jackpots. Some of the best online casinos which offer the best slots include DraftKings, Unibet, Hollywood, Pokerstars, and BetRivers.
- Roulette: Online roulette helps the punters predict the number where a ball can land upon spinning the machine. Players put wagers make their predictions by placing bets on roulette boards. In PA, online roulettes come in multiple varieties. Online casinos with the best roulette in Pennsylvania include Pokerstars, DraftKings, BetRivers, and FanDuel.
- Blackjack: This is a game of cards that many PA online casinos offer. The residents of the Keystone State can enjoy multiple varieties of blackjack offered by different online casinos. According to our evaluation, the best casinos offering blackjack include BetRivers, PokerStars, DraftKings, FanDuel, and Hollywood.
- Baccarat: This is a card match that entails comparing your cards to one of the dealers. Winning the game means that you've the highest value nearing nine. There are multiple variations of the match such as Baccarat squeeze, Punto Bunco, and Live Speed Baccarat. The best platforms to play it include BetRivers, PokeStars, DraftKings, FanDuel, and Hollywood.
- Casino Poker: Poker is also a game of cards played on online tables. The best site to play poker in PA is PokerStars.
- Craps: Online casinos offer this dice game in PA. Some offer it for free, and others attach bets on it. The best platform to play the game includes Unibet and DraftKings.
Popular Sports Betting Areas: What Can I Bet On?
If you're wondering what to bet on in PA, there are multiple options, including:
- Horse Racing: PA has six racetracks. Three host thoroughbred races and three feature harness racing. You can wager on these races through simulcast or off-track betting.
- NHL: This game generates a lot of interest, and punters can wager on multiple aspects, including whether the Philadelphia Flyers can emerge victorious while playing the Stanley Cup. You can also wager on the right scores and goalscorer.
- MLB: this is a prominent wagering item for many bettors, as it presents multiple choices. These include whether Bryce Harper will surrender for Philadelphia Phillis, hits, strikeouts, runs, and error goals.
- College Basketball: punters can have many things to bet on during the college basketball season. These include Temple's top scorer in the next match and the probability of Villanova's in the Big East.
Daily Fantasy Sports
The best online platform to get these games includes FanDuel and DraftKings. Punters compete by selecting a competition and choose a list of players for the day or a whole season.
Deposit and Withdrawal Methods Available at PA Online Gambling Sites
Various online casino websites accept a variety of payment and withdrawal methods. The most popular ones include:
- ACH/eCheck: Although this method is secure, you'll have to wait a few days before the amount hits your account.
- Debit/Credit cards: Different online casinos in PA have visa and MasterCard as a method they accept for payment. However, these cards pose a challenge as many banks haven't updated themselves on legal gambling in the US. There are best alternatives, such as Play+, that receive funds from your credit card.
- Play+: Multiple online casinos encourage clients to sign up for this card once they open an account. You can use the card at different platforms offering casino services.
- PayPal: This e-wallet is famous for many casinos because it allows you to deposit money to your Pennsylvania online casino account instantly.
- PayNearMe: This method accepts deposits from bettors without the need to use a bank account. Participating vendors receive cash from clients.
- Wire transfer: Wire transfer allows the transfer of money electronically through a network managed by multiple banks and agencies worldwide.
How to Sign Up at an Online Casino in PA
Opening an account with an online casino in PA is pretty simple. Check out this guidee below.
- Open the website of the PA online casino platform you want to have an account with.
- Move to the homepage and click the ‘account open’ option.
- Fill out the registration form with your personal information, such as your name, phone contacts, email, and password.
- Accept the terms and conditions and click register account.
- You can deposit money in your account and start betting.
History of Online Gambling in PA
The history of virtual casinos in PA dates back to 2017. That's when the state passed legislation that recognized online betting. As a result of the law, many online sites came into life in 2019. For instance, the first online sites to open a business in PA in 2019 included SugarHouse, Parx, FanDuel, and BetRivers.
Pennsylvania Self-Exclusion for Problem Gamblers
Legal online casinos in Pennsylvania take various measures to protect their clients from gambling problems. Among the strategies that online casinos use to promote responsible betting is self-exclusion. Here you can prevent yourself from accessing a specific casino platform in case of a problem.
Punters fill out a self-exclusion form and indicate how many months they want to be out.