New York sportsbook bonuses and promotions
New York sportsbooks are generous when it comes to bonuses and promotions. In fact, you will get all types of bonuses that exist out there. So, whether you are a new or an existing customer, you will get the following offers.
- Sign up bonus – All New Yorkers who sing up with the sportsbooks stand a chance to win the sign-up bonus. This is also referred to new account offer.
- No deposit bonus – As the name suggests, you will get this bonus without making any deposit. Again, you can get this bonus when signing up or after becoming an existing customer.
- Match bonus – Indeed, this the most popular type of bonus you will get in the New York sportsbook. To get the bonus, you only need to deposit a certain amount, and the sportsbook will match it with a specific percentage. For instance, you can get a 100% match deposit bonus.
- Reload bonus – Every time you make subsequent deposits, you stand a chance to win the reload bonus. In other words, it is the bonus existing customers get after making more deposits.
- Odds boost – With this offer, the sportsbook will increase your payout by boosting the odds of a particular game. Normally, odds boost works in favor of the bettor.
- Cashback – Then, New York sportsbooks will motivate you by giving back a certain percentage of your stake. However, this applies only after losing the bet. For example, you may get 20% cashback if the bet goes against your prediction.
- Promo codes – These are unique codes that, upon entering them, the sportsbooks will award you bonuses. In most cases, you will get them when you are a new customer.
- Risk-free bets – If you lose your first bet, the sportsbook will offer you a free bet equivalent to your first stake. This is referred to as a risk-free bet since you don't need to risk real money.
- Loyalty bonuses – The more you wager real cash, the more you come closer to winning this bonus. After wagering more, you will automatically become a member of the loyalty program hence getting the loyalty bonus.
Sports betting app for iOS and Android
Although mobile betting is still illegal in New York, we are hopeful that the relevant authority will legalize it soon. Mobile betting is an exciting way to bet on any sports while in the comfort of your home. Besides, it provides an easy way to analyze the bets and grab the available offers. With the app, you still don't need to go to the neighboring states such as NJ to bet. Since plans to legalize online sports betting are in the final stages, we expect some apps to launch. They include the following.
List of sports and leagues you will be able to bet on in New York
New York has a plethora of sports and leagues you can choose from. Moreover, they are the most popular in the US and across the world. So, if you are a New York sports punter, you are in the right place. Depending on your taste, you can try out any of the following leagues.
- MLB – If you love baseball, we have got your back covered. Currently, the league has 30 teams, meaning that the MLB season has a total of 2430 games. Also, each of the teams will play 162 games. With this in place, you will get a variety of betting options such as Runline and Straight Moneyline. You should also note that two teams from the league represent the empire city. They include the New York Mets and New York Yankees.
- NFL – Of the entire sports league, this is the most popular in New York City. As of now, there are three teams that represent the empire city. They include the New York Giants, Buffalo Bills, and New York Jets. If you are up for it, you will get betting types such as over/under, moneyline, parlays, teasers, and many more.
- UFC – The empire state legalized UFC in 2016, making it the 50th state on the list. Moreover, the league features some of the most popular fighters globally. As a bettor, you will get betting types such as UFC moneyline, UFC round betting, and KO/TKO.
- NBA – This is another basketball league you cannot afford to miss. The league has 30 teams, and two of them are from New York City. They include Brooklyn Nets and New York Nets. Most New York Sportsbooks feature this league and offer a variety of betting options. For example, you will get options such as Moneylines, Handicap, and Parlays.
- NCAAF – Another league you won’t miss in the list is the NCAAF. It is a college football, and the most common is the Football Bowl Subdivision (FBS). Currently, FBS has 10 divisions and 130 schools.
- MLS – In this soccer league, you will get a total of 27 teams. New York City FC represents the empire state, and it is among the top performers. Furthermore, you will get a variety of betting types including moneyline, and total scores.
- Premier League – Well, football punters have got their betting welfare catered for. If you are one of them, you can try out the premier league, and you will get unlimited betting options.
- Boxing – Boxing is also another area where you can win big. Still, almost all sportsbook in New York City offers this league. You can select one on our list and bet on the popular fighters.
- NHL – If hockey is your thing, you are in the right place. The league has 31 teams, and you can bet on any in the New York sportsbook.
- Horse Racing – This is another league that has gained a lot of popularity in the gaming industry. The league features different betting types such as win bets, place bets, show bets, exotic bets, and many more. One of the best-known horse race in New York is Belmont Stakes.
- LOL (league of legends e-sport) – This is a video game where two teams comprising 5 players each engage in a battle to defend one character by the name champion. To become a champion, you must select experience points in order to defeat the other team.
Top sports betting events to bet on as a New Yorker
As a New Yorker punter, you will get more than enough sports betting events. This is because NY sportsbooks offer a variety of leagues, and each league has different betting events. Some of the top events include.
- College bowl – With this football college game, you can bet on games such as Orange Bowl, Sugar Bowl, Rose Bowl, Cotton Bowl, and many more.
- March madness – Still, you can bet on this single-elimination tournament that happens every spring. Besides, it features 68 college teams, meaning that you won’t run out of betting options.
- College football – In this event, you will get teams formed by student-athletes in America. The schools can be American universities, colleges, and military academies. The sportsbooks provide different betting options, and you can bet on any. For instance, you can predict the team to win the tournament.
- Super Bowl – This championship event in the NFL happens annually. The winner in the league becomes the champion and bags the Super Bowl award. As a bettor, you can predict which team will win the award.
- Masters – If you are a golf enthusiast, you should try out this betting event. Furthermore, the event accommodates all types of people, which means the betting options are also many. You can bet, for instance, on the winner in a certain golf tournament.
- Oscars (academy awards) – If you are the type that likes betting on films, then there is something for you in New York. With this betting event, you can bet on the best picture, best actor, best actress, and best director, among others.
How we rate legal New York online sportsbooks
Of course, we look at a lot of things before recommending a NY sportsbook to you. This is because we want you to get more benefits than losses. As a result, we rank our sportsbooks based on the following.
- License and regulations – All the sportsbooks on our list have licenses from reputable regulatory bodies. Besides, they are all regulated by New York Gaming Commission. This means you can play without worrying.
- Safety and security – Your safety is our first priority. To this end, we make sure all our sportsbooks utilize security measures such as Secure Socket Layer.
- Trustworthy and reputations – All our New York sportsbooks are fair and have a positive reputation. In addition, they advocate for responsible gambling.
- Number and variety of games – When it comes to games, you don’t have to worry. We ensure that all the sportsbooks have a variety of games to choose from.
- User experience (app) – To make sure you get the best experience ever, we consider the ability to play via mobile devices. We also check if you will get downloadable apps that you can install on your mobile devices.
- Bonuses and promotions – This is the bread and butter a sportsbook can offer to you. For a sportsbook to rank high, it should offer you impressive bonuses and promotions.
- Loyalty program – We rate our sportsbooks based on whether they have a VIP program for loyal customers. If they offer you VIP treats, then they are the best.
- Payment and withdrawal options – Finally, we don’t want you to get stuck when making deposits or withdrawing your winnings. As a result, we make sure our sportsbooks have diverse payment options. They should also be safe, secure, and fast.
Different sports betting types offered in New York
Online sportsbooks are far much different from land-based sportsbooks, especially in terms of betting types. Specifically, the online version is more complex and has more betting options. For instance, you will get the following betting types.
- Moneylines – This is the simplest of all since you only need to predict the winner. You will also notice that the favorite has a negative sign and the underdog positive.
- Single-play bets – With this type of bet, you only need to predict a single outcome. In fact, this is the easiest bet punters can understand.
- Parlay – This is a single ticket that includes multiple wagers. On top of this, the bet has a high risk, but the returns are high.
- Spread – In this betting type, oddsmakers balance the teams by either adding or deducting points. In most cases, they deduct from the favorite and add to the underdog.
- Future – You don’t have to wait for a tournament to start so that you can bet. With the futures, you bet as early as now and then wait for the outcome.
- Teasers – This may look complex, but it works the same way as parlay wagers. You have to place multiple games on a single ticket, and they must all win. The only difference is that you can move the lines to the point that is favorable to you.
- Over/under – Also called totals, you only need to predict if the total number of scores will be over/under.
- Proposition bets – These are additional wagering opportunities that could happen during the bet. In other words, they are side wagers. For instance, a prop bet could be to predict the first player to score a TD in NFL.
- Straight bets – With this type of bet, you must wager on an event that carries the run line, point spread, moneyline, and the game total. To win, the straight bet must cover the point-spread.
- Round robin – In this type of bet, you must predict the outcome of multiple events. In other words, you need to create a multiple parlay bet at a go.
- In-game – Also referred to as live betting, in-game allows you to wager on a game that is already happening. Still, you can wager anytime you want until the game comes to an end.
How do in-play wagering and live betting work?
Nowadays, you don’t have to worry that your favorite game has already started. Amazingly, you can place a bet on a game that is already happening. All this entails in-play wagering and live betting. It works in the following ways.
- Live betting/in-play wagering – For live betting, odds change after every possession or play. On the other hand, odds in in-play gaming only change during commercial breaks or timeout.
- Continued pregame wagers – This is the most obvious of all live games. To be precise, the sportsbook will keep moneylines, point spread, and totals bets active.
- Milestone achievement – With this type, players and teams set certain statistics to meet during the game. For example, it could be career goals, season goals, etc. As a bettor, you need to predict if those statistics will be met or not.
- Partial game results/ micro-events – Lastly, oddsmakers set odds on outcomes of different periods of play. For instance, your job as a bettor could be to predict if the team will have any victory within that period of play.
New York sportsbooks will award you in different ways. Also, you will receive your winnings in a variety of ways. The most common ones include.
- Free bets – Sometimes the NY sportsbook will pay you in the form of free bets. This means you will place a bet without risking your real money. However, free bets are indivisible, meaning that you have to use all of them at a go.
- Bonus dollars – Still, this works like a free bet. You can only place a bet with it since you cannot withdraw it. You can, however, divide it and place different bets.
- Straight cash – It is rare to get this type of payout, but some sportsbooks offer it. You will receive cash in your account.
Daily fantasy sports
This is another big thing in the world of sports. In fact, millions of players play it every year. Perhaps, you could be wondering how it works. Worry no more; you are in the right place. Unlike other long-seasoned games, DFS runs for a short period of time. For instance, it could be a day or a week. For you to play, you need to select rosters of players and compile points based on their performance during the season. If you draft a team comprising players with the best statistics, you become the winner. DFS features different types of sports. Some of them include:
- Football (NFL)
- Basketball (NBA)
- Baseball (MLB)
- Hockey (NHL)
Payment and withdrawal options at New York online sportsbook
Well, you cannot start your betting journey without first depositing money into your account. Furthermore, you will need to withdraw your winnings safely and faster. To this end, New York sportsbooks have a variety of banking options. The most popular ones you will find include:
- ACH/e-Check – With this electronic check, you can fund your player account safely and faster. The money will go through the ACH network and the deposited into your checking account.
- Debit/credit card – These include MasterCard, visa, and maestro. You can use them though they have recently been receiving rejections. We recommend you use them if there are no alternatives.
- Play+ – This method allows you to make deposits via MasterCard and visa. It is a convenient way to fund your player account.
- Paypal – If you are looking for a fast payment method, try PayPal. It is global; the money will reflect in your account within 24 hours.
- PayNearMe – There are some players who like paying in cash. If you are one of them, PayNearMe is the way to go.
- Skrill – To use this method, you need to first fund your account with other methods such as a bank. After this, you can transfer to your player account.
- Neteller – This is also an e-wallet and works the same way as skrill and PayPal.
- Cashier’s cage – You will also pay in cash using this method. Again, you must physically present yourself at the cashier cage.
How to start playing at a New York Sportsbook
Getting started at New York sportsbooks involves a few and simple steps. They include.
- Find sportsbook in our list – Our sportsbooks are the best out there. Select one, and you won’t regret it.
- Download app – Take your gambling experience to the next level by first downloading iOS and Android apps.
- Register account – Using the app, create a free player account within a few minutes.
- Deposit money – To start the actual gambling, you need to make the minimum deposit.
- Place the first bet – After depositing, you can go to the category of games you like and place your first bet.
New York sports betting laws and regulations
Despite the legalization of sports betting in 2013, casinos implemented sports betting in 2018 after the fall of PASPA. The sportsbooks had to follow some law. These laws include:
- No mobile betting.
- No royalty fee.
- No betting on NY College events.
Sports betting history in New York
Sports betting became legal in New York in 2013. During this time, the law permitted the construction of four commercial casinos. However, the casinos didn’t start operation until 2018. This was after the fall of PASPA, where the Supreme Court ruled in favor of sports betting. However, the ruling omitted online sports betting, meaning that they are still illegal. Mobile betting is still illegal, but plans to legalize it are underway.
How big is sports betting expected to become?
Currently, sports betting is not that big compared to the size of New York City. However, it is expected to become bigger in the near future. Of course, there are reasons why we say sports betting is going to become bigger. Firstly, some lawmakers, such as Sen. Joe Addabbo Jr, have already released the mobile sports betting bill. Secondly, the Governor of New York also plans to include mobile sports betting in his proposal for 2021. Finally, some NJ sports betting apps have also shown signs of launching as soon as online sports become legal. They include Draftkings, BetRivers, PointsBet, FanDuel, among others. With all these in place, sports betting will make a debut with a bang.
Responsible gambling and self-exclusion
All New York sportsbooks are after money, but they advocate for responsible gambling. In case you have a problem gambling, you can request the casinos to include your name in the self-exclusion list. Some bookmakers have a phone number to call, while others have a website only. You must also note that participating in gambling activities while on the self-exclusion list is illegal. Some of the things you can exclude yourself include:
- Exclusion from accessing your account.
- Unable to make deposits.
- Exclusion from withdrawing your winnings.
- A permanent ban from gambling activities.
New York sports betting summary
Although New York is yet to legalize online casinos, you can still get your gambling pleasure at any land-based casino. Plans to legalize online sports are underway, and we are hopeful all we will be well sooner. Some top Sportsbooks have also shown signs of making a debut in NY upon the legalization of online sports. With all these in place, you can rest assured of unlimited games, more betting options, mobile casinos, and many more. Always be on the lookout, and we will keep updating you.