NJ sportsbook bonuses and promotions
NJ sportsbooks are popular for offering players bonuses and rewards, especially for new players. One sportsbook’s bonuses may differ from the other. So, the rule of thumb is to check each of them carefully regularly. Thus, you can make an informed decision on the best one to grab. Here are some of the most common bonuses;
- Sign up bonus: Sportsbooks offer this bonus when you register an account with them. Usually, your full or partial first deposit is matched and wagered to a certain limit.
- No deposit bonus: NJ sportsbooks offer lucrative no deposit bonus and you must be on the lookout for them as they are plenty. Golden Nugget Casino offers a no deposit bonus of $10 free and 200 free spins. Caesars sportsbook also offers $25 free and Virgin casino $30 free no deposit bonus. As you can see, NJ sportsbooks offer lucrative no deposit bonus.
- Match bonus: NJ sportsbooks offer a match bonus, which matches the amount up to a given percentage, usually 100%. You receive an additional $1,000 when you deposit $1,000, so you should take advantage of such bonuses by applying the bonus codes available.
- Reload bonus: NJ Sportsbooks offer bonuses for existing accounts, referred to as a reload bonus. However, this is not granted at 100%.
- Odds boost: These are granted to a few games from multiple sportsbooks, and they are mostly granted to new players. Sportsbooks like 888sport, FanDuel, and DraftKings offer boosted odds on certain events. The NJ sportsbooks also feature boosted odds on sports leagues such as the NBA and NFL.
- Cashback: Visiting NJ sportsbooks offer up to $1500 cashback bonus, Tropicana casino $25 free, Caesars casino $25 free, and 888sport $20 free.
- Promo codes: Find coupons and promo codes when you play at NJ sportsbooks. Find out the promo code each site offers to take advantage of exclusive promotions on the sports you bet on.
- Risk-free bets: If you sign up and make the first deposit but lose, the sportsbook matches the amount wagered straight into your account.
- Loyalty bonuses: Loyal players get exclusive rewards such as points, cash, hotel stays, and tickets to events. NJ online sportsbooks also apply a loyalty program to their reward system.
Sports betting apps for iOS and Android
New Jersey sports betting is available on Android and iOS. Therefore, when you sign up, you can choose to download the Native app or go to Google Play or the App Store. Different apps are there with outstanding themes and displays ready to immerse you into a world of fun. Some of the apps in New Jersey sports betting include;
- FanDuel: This is among the best NJ sports betting apps offering in-play options, promotions, and bonuses. The app is available on the FanDuel website, Android, and IOS. It’s also easy to navigate, such that finding fantasy daily sports is pretty easy.
- DraftKings: This is the first app to ever run in New Jersey sports betting. It features a sleek design, faster loading speeds, and juicy bonus offers. DraftKings app rewards newcomers with up to $200 risk-free bet.
- William Hill: This NJ mobile app features unique promotions such as Hail Mary Parlays on college football games. This app is a partnership with the NHL’s New Jersey Devils and continues to gain popularity in online gambling.
- BetMGM: this app collaborated with Verizon to develop Yahoo Sportsbook. It’s excellent for early cash out option, odds boosts, and overtime insurance.
- 888sport: This app has excellent graphics and is available on android, iOS, and on the browser. Soccer options are many, as well as the in-play betting options.
- PointsBet: This uniquely designed app offers a broad choice of international sports, soccer, and rugby included. The “Points Betting” option also exists, whereby you get handsome rewards the more accurate your bet is.
- FOX Bet: The Stars Group, owner of PokerStars, has 5% stakes in this app. Players can freely transfer money from sports betting to poker and vice versa. There are cash out options and boosted odds on games by the Fox Sports team.
- PlaySugarHouse: This app is excellent for hosting major and international sports. Its design is straight to the point. The app provides in-game betting options and an in-play betting proposition on almost all the games.
- Golden Nugget: This app is perfect for online casinos and NJ sports betting options. It also explains in detail the withdrawal processes and when to expect your funds.
- Caesars: If you are looking for an app that loads fast, there you have it. Caesar’s app wide choice of promotions is worth noting.
- Borgata Sports: This app is compatible with Android, IOS, and the Borgata website. You receive a risk-free bet upon signing up and for all your boosted odds.
- Resorts: Resorts app provides a wide range of sport and betting options. This app is beautifully designed and grants up to a 60% bonus on large parlays.
- BetAmerica: BetAmerica app is the work of Churchill Downs Inc., and it’s popular for juicy promotions to new players. You have the opportunity to grab a whopping 100% bonus match of up to $500.
- Unibet: Unibet created a highly functional NJ app that offers many odds, especially for soccer fans.
List of sports and leagues you can Bet on in NJ
New Jersey sports betting features tons of sports and leagues for players to bet on. For instance, the NBA league focuses on basketball games, and you are free to bet on this sport. So, in New Jersey sportsbooks, you can bet on major leagues in all the sports they offer. Here are some of the sports and leagues available to bet on;
- MLB: Major League Baseball is available to these three licensed plates; New York Mets, New York Yankees, Philadelphia Phillies. MGM Resorts, DraftKings, FanDuel, and FOXBet are some of the sites that offer MLB league.
- NFL: This is all about football, and you will find NFL bets in SugarHouse, FanDuel, and William Hill. New York Jets and New York Giants feature in the NFL.
- UFC: Many punters wonder which sportsbooks offer UFC. The sites that offer UFC are FanDuel NJ, FOXBet NJ, 888sport NJ, and DraftKings.
- NBA: This is a basketball league where you can bet on sites like MGM Resorts, FOXBet, FanDuel, DraftKings, and William Hill.
- NCAAF: Garden State sportsbooks that offer football bets, particularly NCAAF, include MGM, William Hill, and FanDuel.
- MLS: Punters are free to place bets on international league soccer through the MLS. So, if you want to bet on whether the New York Red Bulls will take the MLS cup home, try the MLS league.
- Premier League: Soccer betting is also available for bettor in NJ sportsbooks. You can bet on the EPL on William Hill and FanDuel sites.
- Boxing: Bettors have the chance to bet on boxing and martial arts straight from sportsbooks like Bet365 sportsbook, PointsBet sportsbook, and FanDuel sportsbook.
- NHL: NHL is a league concerned with ice hockey, and Garden State has put it into consideration too, as players can legally play. The sites to bet in include MGM Resorts, FanDuel, and William Hill. Also, find New Jersey Devils in the NHL.
- Horse Racing: Bookmakers where horse racing is available to include TVG, AmWager, Twinspires, and PABets. For NJ sportsbooks, BetMGM, William Hill NJ, bet365, SugarHouse, Unibet, Borgata, Monkey Knife Fight, Resorts casino, and Fox Bet.
- LOL (League of Legends e-sport): You are free to bet on League of Legends in Garden State. The esports is available on FanDuel, Sportsbook, 888 Sportsbook, FOX Bet, and Borgata Sports.
Top sports betting events you can bet on in New Jersey
When sports betting was legalized in New Jersey in June 2018, certain betting sites came into being. As a result, players have a wide variety to choose from for their betting needs. And, the legalized sites offer opportunities to win big as you interact with international leagues and events in the sports betting industry. Here is a list of the major NJ sports betting events you can bet on;
- College Bowl: Legal Garden State sportsbooks offer college bowl games such as Citrus Bowl, Outback Bowl, Rose Bowl, and Sugar Bowl. Punters should be free to enjoy their game of choice.
- March Madness: The legalization of sports betting in New Jersey has brought hefty profits to the industry. March Madness bets are lucrative and found in PointsBet, FanDuel, DraftKings, Unibet, and bet365.
- College football: To bet on College football, here are the sites; DraftKings, William Hill, and PointsBet.
- Super Bowl: New Jersey’s sportsbooks offering bets on Super Bowl include Bally’s Wild Wild West Casino, Borgata Hotel and Casino Atlantic City, Harrah’s Resort Atlantic City, Golden Nugget, Hard Rock Hotel and Casino, Ocean Resort, and William Hill.
- Masters: If you are on the lookout for where to place Master bets, don’t go further. Sites like DraftKings sportsbook, BetStars NJ, FanDuel Sportsbook, SugarHouse, Golden Nugget, Caesars, 888 sportsbook, playMGM Sportsbook, PointsBet, and William Hill NJ offer golf masters betting.
- Oscars (Academy Awards): New Jersey sportsbooks also offer Academy Awards (Oscars) betting. New Jersey sportsbooks allowed to offer Oscar bets include FanDuel, DraftKings, BetMGM, PointsBet, SugarHouse, 888sport, Golden Nugget, Resorts, and BetAmerica.
How we rate legal NJ online sportsbooks
Knowing which legal NJ sportsbook is worth trying a shot can be time-consuming. And, at the same time, you can find yourself investing in the wrong Sportsbook. Consequently, you may lose a significant amount of money. If you find yourself in such a scenario, worry no more. Check down here how we rate the legal NJ online Sportsbook.
- License and regulations: To be on the safer side, always gamble with a licensed and regulated sportsbook. The New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement regulates all the Sportsbooks that you will find out there. Also, the Division audits the Sportsbook regularly to make sure they don’t go against the gaming rules.
- Safety and security: A top-rated Sportsbook ensures that the customers' private information is safe. So, always got to the Sportsbook where your safety and security is not a concern.
- Trustworthy and reputation: To know if any NJ sportsbook is good for you, look at two things. Firstly, check the trustworthiness. You can do this by checking what other customers say. Secondly, check whether the Sportsbook has a positive or negative reputation.
- Number and variety of games: If a sportsbook in NJ can offer all the games you want under one roof, then we recommend you go for it. On the other hand, Sportsbook with limited games is not a good choice.
- User experience (app): The ease of navigating different games via the app is paramount. Indeed, a sportsbook that is friendly to you is worth giving a try.
- Bonuses and promotions: Sportsbooks with lucrative bonuses and promotions are better. In fact, a sportsbook that guarantees you sing up bonuses and promotions is the best of all.
- Loyalty programs: If a sportsbook values your long term cooperation, then look no further. Make it your destination whenever gambling crosses your mind.
- Payment and withdrawal options: A top-rated Sportsbook should offer you unlimited, safe, and fast payment and withdrawal options.
Different sports betting types offered in New Jersey
While in New Jersey, you will get a chance to enjoy a plethora of sports betting types. In other words, you should know what each means to make informed decisions. The most common ones include the following.
- Moneyline: In this type, the team you wager is based on the Moneyline odds already set by the Sportsbook. Also, there are no points spread.
- Parlay: In this one, you wager on two or more games instead of one. For the parlay to cash, all the selections must win. Besides, the more the team you put in the parlay, the higher the odd and hence the payoff.
- Spread: Interestingly, you have the freedom to choose your favorite teams that are favored to win by goals or a number of points.
- Future: Amazingly, you bet on a player or a team where the result will come out in the future. For example, you can bet for a team before the tournament starts.
- Teasers: For this one, you can change the point spread in a bet, but the odds will reduce.
- Over/under: This is a wager where you determine whether the combined teams' points will be over or under.
- Round robin: In this sport, all your selections do not have to win. You create different parlays, and if one wins, you are rewarded.
- In-game: These are all wagers placed after the game has already started.
How does in-play wagering and live betting work?
Live betting works in a simple way. Above all, live betting allows you to wager after the game has already started. Therefore, with the current technology in place, you can have more than 100 wagers in a single game. That is to say, in NJ casinos, you will get three types of live betting.
- Continued pregame wagers: For this live betting, the Sportsbook's marks keep changing as the game progresses. In other words, the edge of winning more keeps reducing since the game becomes more accurate.
- Milestone achievement: This one revolves around the statistics a team or payer can reach. On the other hand, the sportsbooks predict whether they will achieve the mark or not.
- Partial game results: For this one, there are many micro-events. The Sportsbook creates action on how the outcome will be.
Also, NJ sportsbook will pay you the proceeds from their bonuses in three ways. They include the following.
- Free bets: For this one, you have to play up to a certain number of times to convert them to cash. However, they are indivisible.
- Bonus dollars: This works the same as free bets. You have to wager different times before withdrawing.
- Straight cash: In this one, you are given direct cash.
Daily Fantasy Sports (DFS)
Meanwhile, Daily fantasy is the new sports deal that you should try out. However, unlike other sports, fantasy sports take a few days or even hours. Thus, you can place a bet and compete with other players. It is the only way to win.
Payment and withdrawal options at NJ online sportsbooks
In addition, NJ sportsbooks have the most secure and fast payment options. Below are some of them.
- Debit/credit card: This one involves using a visa and MasterCard.
- Play+: It is a virtual card that makes deposits instantly.
- Paypal: It is an e-wallet that you can use to transfer money to your sportsbook account.
- PayNearMe: With this, you can fund your account with cash.
- Skrill: It is an e-wallet used to transfer funds to your sportsbook account.
- Neteller: By just setting your account, you can fund it through a credit card.
- ACH/e-Check: With this, you can fund your sportsbook account directly from the bank.
- Cashiers cage: You only need to visit a land-based casino and fund your account with cash.
How to start playing at a NJ sportsbook
So, getting started involves a few steps. They include:
- Find Sportsbook on our list: First, you need to find the Sportsbook that interests you.
- Download app: Then, to access the games, download and install the Sportsbook's app.
- Register account: Next, launch the app and register.
- Deposit money: Make the minimum deposit.
- Place the first bet: Lastly, smash the bookies by placing the first bet.
NJ sports betting law and regulation
In conclusion, the law stipulates the following:
- Sports betting is allowed at racetracks and casinos.
- The sites must have a land-based venue.
- The grace period for new sites is 270 days. They must set a land-based casino within this period.
- No betting on collegiate games or teams.
- No betting on high school sports.
- The tax rate on revenue is between 8.5 and 14.25%.