Legal NJ online casino and gambling sites
If you fancy playing and betting online in New Jersey, this article is all you need. Son selecting the best online casino will no longer be a daunting task. Certainly, you’ll learn everything about all the top legal and licensed online casinos in New Jersey. For example, their signup processes, bonus offers, payment methods, and range of games.
As at 2020, there are over 20 online casinos and sportsbooks where you can savor the best online casino gaming in New Jersey. So, whatever game rocks your boat, you’ll find a near limitless range of online games. For instance, you'll have table games, poker, slots, blackjack, and sports betting in New Jersey online casinos.
How we rate legal NJ online gambling sites
With a choice of almost two dozen online gambling sites, selecting the best can be confusing and time-consuming. For instance, analyzing specific features, games, bonuses, payment options, and T&Cs is quite a task. However, we’ve taken the struggle off your hands.
In addition, we’ve analyzed all the legal online casinos in New Jersey and recommended only the best. Thus, you’ll not only enjoy epic gameplay but also gamble safely. And, we recommend the sites with the most popular and secure payment options to make your deposits and payouts hassle-free.
So, when reviewing NJ online gambling sites, we analyzed the following factors:
- Licenses and regulations: Firstly, we only vouch for online casinos licensed and regulated by the New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement. Therefore, you’re assured of safe and fair gambling.
- Safety and security: Also, our list of recommended New Jersey online gambling sites consists of only licensed and regulated casinos. So, this guarantees you a secure online gaming experience along with protected payment processing.
- Trustworthy and reputation: We only recommend trustworthy gaming sites. They all have a solid reputation of fair gameplay, rich game choice, enticing bonuses, and secure payment channels.
- Number and variety of games: Our recommended NJ online gaming sites offer a staggering range of the best online casino games for all punters. Whether you’re an enthusiast of table games, slots, video poker, or sports gambling, there are numerous titles at your choice. Moreover, these online casinos and NJ sportsbooks offer player-friendly odds.
- User experience (mobile casino): To guarantee you smooth gaming on the go, we examine every NJ online casino’s software, layout, speed, and ease of use. Rest assured the recommended options feature seamless online casino gaming for both iOS and Android mobile users.
- Bonuses and promotions: We evaluate all bonuses and offers for new and existing players. Then we recommend you the online gambling sites in NJ with the best enticing offers.
- Loyalty program: Our list of recommended online casinos in New Jersey features tantalizing rewards for loyal players, VIPs, and high-rollers.
- Payment and withdrawal options: We assess all NJ online casinos deposit and withdrawal options. Our recommended sites are the crème de la crème in their popularity, range, security, and speed. This way, you’re sure to enjoy turbo-fast, secure, and hassle-free deposits and payouts.
Online gambling laws and regulations in NJ you need to know about
The New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement (NJDGE) licenses and oversees all online gambling sites and land-based casinos in the state. Its oversight operations include investigating license applicants, analyzing casino operations, and verifying the integrity of regulatory protection measures and electronic gaming gear. It also regulates all online casino games in the state.
Online casinos must satisfy the following laws and regulations to offer legal online casino gaming in New Jersey:
- The gambling site must by licensed by the NJDGE.
- They must be associated with at least one of the state’s brick and mortar casinos or racetracks. However, a licensed NJ online casino can partner with multiple land-based casinos.
- Primary licenses to legally operate an online gambling site in New Jersey are offered only to Atlantic City casinos.
- Each licensed online casino is permitted to operate up to 5 unique online casino brands.
- Atlantic City casinos and New Jersey racetracks are allowed to operate a maximum of 3 online sportsbook brands each.
Are NJ online casinos safe?
The New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement ranks among the best casino regulators globally. Its strict online casino oversight in NJ guarantees you a safe and fair casino gaming experience. The NJDGE also ensures you’re protected when playing on NJ gambling sites by enforcing these laws:
- You’re required to pass a verification process when signing up to any NJ gambling site to confirm your identity.
- All NJ online casinos are required to hold your account balance in a separate account from the casino’s operating funds.
- You can opt-out gambling in NJ easily through the self-exclusion program for problem gamblers.
- Also, online gaming sites in NJ use Geo-location software to verify that you’re within the state boundaries when playing.
- Online casino sites in New Jersey use bank-level encryption and process your deposits and withdrawals in a secure site.
- Age verification keeps minors from gambling on NJ gambling sites.
- If you’re struggling with gambling in NJ, you can find help on the website of the National Council on Problem Gambling.
- The NJDGE can ban you from gambling in New Jersey to save you from problem gambling.
List of licensed online casinos in NJ and who operates them
Here’s a list of our recommended NJ online casinos and their land-based partners:
|Online NJ Casino||Land-based Partner and Operator|
|888 Casino||Caesars Interactive|
|Betfair||Golden Nugget AC|
|Borgata Online||Borgata Hotel & Casino|
|Harrah's Online||Caesars Interactive|
|Party Casino||Borgata Hotel & Casino|
|Tropicana Casino||Tropicana Casino & Resort|
|Golden Nugget Casino||Golden Nugget AC|
|Virgin Casino||Tropicana Casino & Resort|
|Pala Casino||Borgata Hotel & Casino|
|Resorts Casino||Resort Casino Hotel|
|Mohegan Sun Casino||Resort Casino Hotel|
|PokerStars||Resort Casino Hotel|
|SugarHouse Casino||Golden Nugget AC|
|BetMGM||Borgata Hotel & Casino|
|Scores Casino||Borgata Hotel & Casino|
|Hard Rock Casino||Hard Rock Hotel & Casino|
|Ocean Casino||Ocean Resort and Casino|
|Draft Kings Casino||Resort Casino Hotel|
|BetAmerica Casino||Golden Nugget AC|
|Unibet||Hard Rock Hotel & Casino|
|Bet365||Hard Rock Hotel & Casino|
NJ online casino bonuses and promotions
New Jersey is a hub of online casino gaming. With the number of online casinos growing steadily, you can only expect to receive more offers and promotions. There are numerous bonuses and promotions you’ll enjoy at NJ online casinos as a new or repeat punter. These range from no deposit bonuses to match bonuses, reload bonuses, and free spins.
- Sign up bonus: All online casinos in NJ give you a special offer when you register a new account with them. The signup bonus is mostly in the form of a deposit bonus, no deposit bonus, or free spins.
- No deposit bonus: This is one of the most enticing offers you’ll receive in NJ gambling sites. You receive a small amount of money after signing up with an NJ online casino to try out their games. Typically, you’ll receive $5 to $30 as a No Deposit Bonus on most NJ online casinos. Nevertheless, you must satisfy all bonus terms and conditions, including the set play-through requirements, to cash out the bonus funds.
- Match bonus: When you make a real money deposit on NJ online gaming sites, you’re awarded a match bonus, also called deposit bonus. These bonuses often range from 50 to 100 % of your deposit and can add you up to about $2,000. Still, you must meet the bonus’ wagering requirements to cash out the funds.
- Reload bonus: You receive a bonus each time you reload your account at most NJ online casinos.
- Free spins: Most NJ gambling sites will reward you with free spins after making a deposit or reloading your account. The spins are mostly designated for playing select slots.
- Promo codes: Some online casinos in NJ will require you to use a promotion code to unlock their bonus offers.
- Free play: Some online casinos in New Jersey allow you free play on some games as an incentive. Nevertheless, you must follow specific terms to cash out wins from free play.
Whether you intend to stick to a particular NJ gambling site or not, take advantage of their various bonuses to gain a winning edge.
Online casino games
Online casinos in New Jersey offer an excellent selection of the most popular casino game titles. You’re treated to a broad range of table games such as poker, blackjack, roulette, and baccarat. Along with this, you can enjoy epic video poker gameplay as well as Bingo, and near-limitless live dealer games.
- Slots: NJ online casinos boast an enviable collection of online slots. You’ll not only be treated to hundreds of online slots machines but also receive higher returns on slots than in other gambling sites.
- Roulette: If you’re a diehard roulette punter, you’re sure to be amazed with NJ online casinos. They offer a diverse range of roulette including Auto Roulette, American Roulette, European Roulette, and Speed Roulette among others.
- Blackjack: You can enjoy wagering on several Blackjack variants counting Blackjack A, Vegas Downtown Blackjack, Blackjack, B, Blackjack C, and Blackjack Pro on NJ gambling sites. In addition to this, most of these online casinos have remarkably low table odds and minimums, further guaranteeing you a winning edge.
- Baccarat: If you love playing baccarat, online gambling sites in NJ have some of the best titles waiting for you. You can wager on Baccarat, Baccarat Controlled, Baccarat C, and Baccarat Squeeze, among other baccarat variants.
- Poker: New Jersey boasts a huge collection of online poker titles in its online gaming sites. You’ll also be treated to a wide choice of online poker apps in this garden state.
Popular sports betting areas in NJ – What can I bet on?
Next, let's jump in and look at common sports betting leagues. The robust New Jersey sports betting industry is constantly growing. Thus, you can bet on most global sports events in New Jersey. These include:
- Major U.S. pro sports leagues such as the MLS, NFL, MLB, NBA, and NHL
- All NCAA sports except those involving New Jersey teams
- International sports such as soccer
- Non-team sports counting auto racing, boxing, golf, mixed martial arts, and tennis.
NJ is one of the US states that allow you to wager on ponies online. However, there are several regulations that limit your online horse racing options. In fact, you can only enjoy unfettered horse racing wagering on TVG. Still, you must access TVG’s selections via a unique site (4NJBets) in New Jersey.
The only other site where you can access limited horse racing betting in NJ is BetAmerica which only permits wagering on its handicapping contests.
College basketball and other restrictions
Unfortunately, you can’t bet on College Basketball in NJ. Other restrictions include:
- Wagering on sports in NJ is prohibited on all tournaments below the collegiate level such as high school athletics.
- You can’t wager on New Jersey college sports teams regardless of where they play.
- You’re not permitted to bet on any sport in NJ if you’re a principal in the game. This applies if you’re a player, trainer, coach, or referee in a playing team.
Daily Fantasy Sports (DFS)
You can enjoy legal gameplay on the burgeoning DFS industry on NJ online casinos. Some of the major Daily Fantasy Sports operators in the garden estate include DraftKings, FanDuel, Yahoo, and Fantasy Draft.
Deposit and withdrawal methods available at NJ online gambling sites
Online NJ casinos offer you a broad range of fast and secure payment methods to deposit and withdraw funds. They provide hassle-free payment processing via bank transfer, credit/debit cards, e-wallets, Play+, and PayNearMe.
- ACH / eCheck: This equivalent of an instant e-check creates a direct link between your NJ online casino account and checking account. It allows you high transaction limits but can take several days to process a transaction.
- Debit / Credit cards: You can deposit or withdraw funds in most NJ gambling sites via MasterCard and Visa cards.
- Neteller: Setting up and funding a Neteller e-wallet account allows you speedily reload or cash out funds in online NJ casinos.
- Play+: This popular payment option enables you to place deposits instantly in NJ gambling site accounts. Simply fund your Play+ prepaid debit card with a debit or credit card then use it for deposits. Additionally, the option allows you to cash out your winnings to your bank account via electronic transfer or at ATMs. You can also collect your winnings at the online casino’s land based partner casino cage.
- PayPal: This is a popular e-wallet option that lets you deposit funds speedily and withdraw winnings from you NJ online casino account within 1-2 days. You can fund a PayPal account via credit or debit card.
- PayNearMe: This option allows you to load up your online NJ casino account without using a bank account. Simply buy PayNearMe vouchers from numerous participating New Jersey CVS Pharmacies, 7-Eleven, or Family Dollar stores to deposit funds into your online casino account.
- Wire transfer: Wire transfer allows you to deposit funds into and withdraw winnings from NJ gambling sites through specialized money stores or your bank.
- Skrill: This is another popular e-wallet through which you can deposit and withdraw funds in NJ online casinos.
How to sign up at an online casino in NJ
Most importantly, opening an account with NJ online casinos is a simple process that will take you only 5 to 10 minutes. Indeed, you can register a new account from anywhere. However, NJ state laws require you to be physically located within the locality to play. So, simply follow through these steps to sign up a new account:
- Firstly, settle on the NJ gambling site of your choice.
- Then, decide how you want to access your preferred online casino- via the site’s website or mobile app. In case you want to play on your mobile, download the corresponding iOS or Android app.
- Open the casino website and navigate to the ‘Register’, ‘Sign UP’ or ‘Join Now’ tab.
- Next, fill out the requisite personal, identification, and financial details. This includes your names, email address, home address, mobile phone number, date of birth, and social security number (SSN).
- Designate a username and password to access your account.
- Lastly, sign in to your account to claim your welcome bonus. And, kick off your online casino gaming journey in NJ.
History of online gambling in NJ
New Jersey was one of the premier US states to legalize online gambling and sports betting. Gov. Chris Christie signed the bill to authorize licensing for NJ online gaming sites in 2013. So, the only rule was, they partner with established land-based Atlantic City casinos. Merely 9 months later, 13 online gaming sites officially launched in New Jersey on Nov. 26.
Before, technical challenges hampered the reach of NJ online casinos. Later on, technological improvements allowed the introduction of live dealer games along with other online casino games.
In 2018, the U.S. Supreme Court overturned the Professional and Amateur Sports Protection Act (PASPA) ruling that formerly prohibited sports betting outside Nevada. Moreover, this ended a seven-year court tussle between New Jersey and the NCAA/pro sports leagues. Thus, legalized NJ online gambling sites were now free to offer sports betting.
To date, the NJ sports betting market consists of almost two dozen online sportsbooks. So, you can legally wager online in NJ on a rich selection of games. For example, play Blackjack, Bingo, Baccarat, Roulette, live casino games, and Daily Fantasy Sports.
The effect of NJ online casinos on Atlantic City gaming
New Jersey has been a hub of casino gaming in the United States, mainly due to the prevalence of land-based casinos in Atlantic City. Also, the city’s dominance of gambling opportunities in the garden state receded massively between 2014 and 2016. This was mostly attributed to competition from the legalization of gambling in nearby states like Pennsylvania. Moreover, Atlantic City had the reputation of a crime- jammed and troubled town.
Therefore, the legalization of online casino gaming in NJ has had a positive impact on gaming. Certainly, it has led to increased revenue. The convenience of gaming online has reduced the attendance and flow of non-gaming revenue in land-based casinos in Atlantic City. All in all, the legalization of online sports betting has remarkably revamped the city’s casino gaming arena.
Further, most Atlantic City Land-based casinos now offer hotel accommodation as promo offers. And, loyalty rewards to players at their online NJ casino partners. Overall, online casino gaming in New Jersey has brought a positive change in the Atlantic City casino space.