Legal Michigan online casino and gambling sites
Following the signing of House Bill 4311, which contains the law on internet gambling, online betting is now legal in Michigan. As a result, some online casinos have launched their business in the state. Others are preparing to establish themselves. Various online gambling sports exist in Michigan. For instance, you'll find fantasy games, sports matches, online poker, and virtual poker.
In addition, the Michigan law demands that for an online casino to establish a business in the state, it must partner with an existing brick-and-mortar casino. Many US online casino operators are already establishing links with physical gambling companies. While this is good news for players, some may find it hard to determine genuine sites from scammers. This is why you need to understand the factors to consider before choosing an online site in MI.
How we rate legal Michigan online gambling sites
To help you understand how to determine the best sites for various games, we have used multiple parameters to rate them. Read about them below.
Firstly, the site should have a license from the issuing authority. The permit indicates that the bookie has the necessary features and resources to offer the punters high-quality online casino solutions. In Michigan, online casinos will get licenses from the Michigan Gaming Control Board (MGCB). So, those who wish to establish a business in the state must get approval from the above body. They undergo frequent checks to see whether they adhere to acceptable practices.
Safety and security
The system that a legit online casino use protects clients' info from unauthorized third-parties. Many illegal sites don't have features like SSL that offer an extra layer of a customer's info. Besides, some sites may be naughty and fail to payout the client's winnings for flimsy reasons. Thus, it's critical to ensure that the site you choose is approved by MGCB and works closely with a renowned brand.
Trustworthiness and reputation
Then, the qualities of a reputable online casino include approval, safety, and the testimonials and reviews of previous clients. So, if an online bookie is approved, it means that the relevant state authority recognizes it to offer a service. We also look at the reviews and testimonials of previous clients to assess the quality of service and products offered by that specific virtual casino. In this connection, casinos with multiple raving reviews from clients provide high-quality services. And, in terms of security, the best casino website should apply secure sockets layers (SSL), like the one used by banks to protect the client's data.
Number and variety of games
The best casinos offer various matches to give their clients a wide choice. From online poker to table games, the site should have a broad range of games. The matches should feature reasonable probabilities of winning that are objective. We avoid reviewing those sites with a few games because they give the clients a raw deal.
The advancement in mobile technology has seen the emergency of android and iOS devices that support multiple online casino apps. In this regard, we review those online casino platforms that enable users to keep betting even when on the go. Various mobile apps may not offer a consistent user experience due to the different software used. We review those that provide the punters a fantastic experience due to their high speed, ease of use, and top-notch software.
Bonuses and promotions
Many virtual casinos provide multiple rewards to their clients to entice the latter to keep playing on their platforms. However, some online casinos are mischievous and use language that may not be clear about these bonuses. This makes many unsuspecting clients end up not getting anything from these promotions. We have, therefore, opted to review sites that use clear terms on their rewards and promotions.
Some online casinos reward clients with loyalty points. In most cases, these clients are loyal to them and play on the casino sites most of the time. Clients are free to convert these points into betting credits or withdraw them as cash. Some online bookies can offer mind-boggling perks like dining on specific joints using these points. We assess the sites that provide exclusive entertainment perks using these loyalty points.
A critical aspect of any virtual casino is the withdrawal and deposit methods it accepts. While some sites offer multiple choices on these methods, some may be rigid and take a few payment and withdrawal options. We assess those casinos that give punters many banking options. Most clients prefer payment modes like PayPal, credit/debit cards, check mail, and others.
Online gambling laws and regulations in Michigan
In 2019, Michigan passed a state law, HB 4916, which legalized online betting in the Great Lakes State. The new rule makes it possible for multiple online sports to take place in Michigan. Some of the virtual games that are now legal in Michigan include sports betting, Casino matches, and poker.
At the moment, MGCB is fine-tuning the regulations that will govern online betting in Michigan. Although at the moment, there are no online casinos in Michigan, it’s anticipated that once they debut in the market, they will work in a variety of ways to be in line with the law. These include:
- Legal age: you must be over 21 years to play online casino games.
- Accessibility: you can access many features of Michigan online casinos even when you’re outside the state. Some of the features punters can access include banking, claiming of rewards, and registration.
- Non-residents: You can play online games even when you're a non-resident in Michigan.
- No interstate betting: State and federal laws ban interstate betting.
- Locations allowed to offer online casinos: at the moment, the three entities authorized to provide online gambling include MGM, Grand, Greektown, and MotorCity.
- Licensing fee: the license application fee is $50,000, and the annual renewal fee is the same amount.
Are Michigan online casinos going to be safe?
While some sites may be safe, others might not. Therefore, it's upon you to do some background research to find out the secure online casinos where you can deposit your money. When determining whether an online casino is safe, you should consider the following factors:
- Reputation – You can only be safe when you select an online bookie that's respectable. It would help if you established an online casino's reputation by evaluating the testimonials of the previous and current clients. We’ve considered this aspect in our review of various casinos covered here.
- Please stick to your betting budget – Although many people bet online because of the desire to make quick money, it's essential to realize that online betting is a pastime activity that can enable you to derive some entertainment value. You may be in for a rude shock if you're committing all your money to gamble. To be on the safe side, ensure that you set aside a specific budget for betting and stick to it.
List of potential online casinos that will launch in MI
Check out this list to learn more about upcoming online casinos that are about to launch in Michigan.
BetAmerica is an approved online gambling site that offers multiple games. Churchill Downs and SBTech operate the bookmarker. The site is available on devices that use Android and iOS systems. You can also get the platform through a desktop website.
The bookmaker's apps are easy to download. New clients can enjoy a welcome bonus of $50 when they place bets worth $50. BetAmerica covers multiple sports such as football, tennis, hockey, MMA, and rugby.
This online bookmarker has its license held by MGM Grand Detroit. It expects to launch its online business in Michigan in late 2020 or early 2021. The online casino provides multiple sports totaling 75 slots and numerous table mages. BetMGM's app is available on mobile devices that use both android and iOS devices.
The bookmarker is generous with its bonuses, and punters can start enjoying multiple rewards when they open an account. New clients get a prize of $25 before making any deposits to their accounts. BetMGM has a unique loyalty program where bettors can either redeem their points at the restaurants and hotels. Upon establishing its online presence in Michigan, clients can enjoy all these features.
For BetRivers, the license holder is Little River Bands of Ottawa Indians. The bookie anticipates establishing its online presence in Michigan upon granted permission. New clients to BetRivers can enjoy a 25% deposit bonus immediately they open their accounts.
The online bookmarker accepts multiple deposit and withdrawal methods, including online banking, debit/credit cards, Cash Cage. Players using the bookmarker's platform can enjoy a broad range of games, such as video slots, video poker, etc. Their registration procedure is hassle-free as you only need to provide your name, email, and username. BetRivers offers multiple games for its online clients.
The bookmarker intends to establish its online casino business in Michigan later in 2020. It works closely with Bay Mills Indian Community. DraftKings has exclusive features and bonus offerings that make it unique and attractive to many clients. Its speed is exceptional because it uses high-quality software technology on its apps. The apps are available for clients using Android or iOS gadgets.
Regarding payment methods, Draftkings accepts various techniques, such as PayPal, ACH, and Cash Cage. The bookie encourages responsible betting by offering contact details on how to get them for assistance if your relative has developed problems related to betting.
Through its partnership with Motorcity Casino, FanDuel is set to open its online betting business in MI before the end of 2020. The bookie's app on Android and iOS are exceptional, allowing punters to bet on the go. FanDuel features a wide variety of online games that gives punter multiple options to select from.
Some of the critical sports on this platform include slot matches. The bookie is likely to bring its fantastic bonuses to the MI market, including the famous $200 risk-free promotion for first-time bettors. FanDuel accepts various payment and withdrawal methods, such as credit/debit cards, PayNearMe, and online Banking.
As Michiganders anticipate the fulfillment of their online betting dream, one of the bookies that's likely to open a shop there is Golden Nuggets. The bookmarker offers multiple online sports, including video poker, table games, live dealer matches, and casino slots.
Its apps are user-friendly, have exceptional functionality capabilities, and support dozens of games. The app accessible to android, iOS, and desktop platforms. For clients who cherish bonuses, Golden Nuggets has attractive promotions for first time account users.
Upon opening the account, you receive a $10 no deposit bonus and 100% match of maximum deposits of $1500. Golden Nugget accepts different payment and withdrawal methods, including PayPal, Online Banking, and credit/debit cards.
The bookie operates Greektown casino in Detroit, meaning it doesn't need to look for partnerships when launching its online MI operations. Hollywood casino anticipates starting offering online casino services in the MI market towards the end of 2020. Multiple casino matches exist on the bookie's website, including slots and table games.
Among its exceptional bonus is a welcoming reward of 100% deposit match upon opening its account. New clients also enjoy a $10 free reward by opening an account. Hollywood accepts various ways of depositing and withdrawing funds, including PayNearMe and debit/credit cards. You can easily download and install its apps on your iOS and Android devices.
Presently, Gun Lake Tribe holds the license for Parx Casino. The bookmarker offers multiple games, so punters have a variety. For example, punters can enjoy online slots, table games, and virtual poker on Parx Casino. The online bookie also features professional sports like motorsports, boxing, football, golf, and MMA.
In terms of bonuses, Parx Casino offers its new clients a free reward of $10 for signing up on their platform. In case you lose your first bet, the bookie promises a $250 refund.
Although many people are not familiar with this Australian bookmarker, PointsBet has shown indications of entering the MI market in conjunction with the Lac Vieux Desert Band of Lake Superior Chippewa Indians. Customers playing on the PointBet platform can enjoy many poker games, slots, and table games.
The bookmarker accepts multiple payments and withdrawal options, including Play+Card, ACH eCheck, Cash cage, bank wire, and PlayNearMe. In case you like playing on the go, the bookie has an app for iOS and Android devices.
This famous bookmarker intends to enter the MI market jointly with Little Traverse Bay Bands of Odawa Indians. By the end of 2020, the online casino company wants to establish its presence in the MI market. Players who sign up on its network can enjoy a variety of features.
Top on the list includes downloading and installing its app on android and iOS gadgets. Secondly, the signup procedure is hassle-free because you only need to provide your name, password, and email address. Finally, the bookie has a unique loyalty program where you can redeem your accumulated points for on-site games. Or, buy branded items.
This company wants to enter the online casino space in MI in conjunction with the Grand Traverse Band of Ottawa. William Hill offers a broad range of games, including multiple slots, table games, and video poker. You can use its complimentary points as bet credits or withdraw them for cash exchange.
Promos for new clients William Hill include a $25 bonus just for opening an account and a welcoming rise of 100% for deposit amounts up to $500. The bookmarker presents dozens of games for punters. Besides, you can download the online casino's app on your iOS or Android device and keep playing on the go.
Because of its presence in the Les Vegas market, Wynn Casino is a respected name in the online betting industry. The bookmarker intends to enter the MI market in partnership with Sault Ste. Marie Tribe. It accepts a variety of payment options, including skrill, online banking, debit/credit cards. You can expect multiple rewards from the bookie, including free wagers, cashback rewards, and multipliers on deposits.
Expected MI online casino bonuses and promotions
Above all, most online casinos offer various types of offers for both new and existing players. Read through some of them here.
- Sign up bonus – Welcome and sign up bonuses are for new customers. In most cases, they are in form of free amounts upon opening the account and deposit amount bonuses for the first time. For instance, some sites may offer you $25 as a free amount once you open an account.
- No deposit bonus – The no deposit reward is a welcoming bonus for new clients. You'll receive this amount before depositing any money in your account. BetMGM, for instance, offers this kind of prize for its new clients. The bookie welcomes you with a $25 no deposit reward.
- Match bonus – Here, you'll get a similar amount from the casino as your deposit. Therefore, the bonus depends on your deposit, and the %match, up to a certain amount.
- Reload bonus – Some online casinos use this award to entice you to deposit more money in your account. Through this reward, you can continue using the funds that you deposit in their stores.
- Free spins – Virtual casinos can encourage clients to sign up on their platform by enticing them with free spins or free plays on their slots.
- Promo codes – Through these codes, you can claim multiple promos that various MI online casinos offer. So, you'll need a specific code for each offer, or use a link to claim.
- Free play – Lastly, this promo enables you to play online slots without paying for them.
Michigan mobile casino for iOS and Android
Towards the end of the year, most online casinos will offer mobile apps on iOS and Android devices. These apps enable you to play and to have a great betting experience. This is because of the convenience.
For example, you can download and install these apps within no time. And, sign up for your favorite websites. Some of the bookies expected to launch their apps include BetRiver Casino, Golden Nugget, DraftKings, FanDuel, etc.
Online casino games
- Slots: Multiple online casinos will have numerous slot games for MI clients. Thus, it's all about spinning in these sites.
- Roulette: If you like speculating the number where a ball will land will enjoy multiple roulette games on MI online casinos.
- Blackjack: This Online game of cards is a favorite to many punters in MI. Most of the virtual casinos intending to open a business there will offer this amazing table game.
- Baccarat: This game enables players to compare their cards with those held by dealers. Winners have the highest value that’s adjacent to nine. Renowned brands that offer these games include PokerStars, DraftKings, FanDuel, and Hollywood. Most probably, you'll find it in the upcoming bookies in Michigan.
- Poker: Punters play poker on virtual tables, and many online casinos offer it. So, those about to open online casinos in MI will feature it.
- Craps: While some online casino sites may offer this dice free game, others may charge some amount before you play it.
Live dealer games
These are matches that you play with persons instead of machines. Examples of live dealer games on online casinos include baccarat, blackjack, roulette, and three poker games.
Examples of sports betting areas
- Horse Racing – Most online casinos in MI will offer horse racing sports because of their popularity with some clients. Punters can wager on these sports via simulcast or through off-track wagering.
- NHL – They are famous for many punters, and online casinos in MI feature them. Through these games, you can wager on different bets. For instance, the Philadelphia Flyers' chances of winning the Stanley Cup. And, wagering on the right scores and goals.
- MLB – This is a premier online betting niche that offers you a variety of choices. For example, whether Bryce Harper will quit for Philadelphia Phillis, error goals, etc.
- College Basketball – You'll have multiple items to wager on during a college Basketball match season. For example, the chance of Villanova's winning in the Big East.
- Daily Fantasy Sports (DFS) – Through these games, you'll compete by choosing a game and a list of players for a specific season, week, or day.
Banking methods available at Michigan online gambling sites
The best part about these sites is, they've simplified transactions. Besides, you'll have various options at your disposal. For instance, popular methods include:
- ACH/eCheck: This is a secure method of sending or receiving money. However, you'll have to wait for a few days before receiving the amount. Many online casinos in MI will accept this method.
- Debit/credit cards: Multiple online casinos in MI will accept master card and visa as payment methods.
- Neteller: Upon opening a Neteller account for free, punters can transfer their money from a bank account or credit card through bank wire. Many online casinos accept this method because it fast and safe.
- Play+: This card is critical for online casino players because you can use it at multiple casino sites.
- PayPal: The e-wallet is fast in making deposits and receiving winnings.
- PayNearMe: A new option that online casinos accept for depositing money. It's mostly used in the States. Players can transfer their money at any 711 stores or Family Dollar.
- Wire transfer: An electronic method of transferring money between banks or credit unions.
- Skrill: Another e-wallet that's convenient for transferring your money to your gambling account.
How to step-by-step sign up at an online casino in Michigan
- Personal information: When you want to open an online casino account with any of the bookies, you’ll have to fill out a form. Here, provide personal info including your name, telephone contacts, email address, security question, and date of birth.
- Sign up options: Some sites may provide various options that you need to choose one. These include promo codes, deposit limits, and subscriptions to newsletters.
- Deposit process: You do this after opening an account.
History of online gambling in MI
In December 2019, legislators in MI legalized online betting, sports gambling, fantasy games, and online pokers. So, all commercial betting companies should seek approval before they start an online gambling business. Many top-notch online casinos have expressed interest in commencing their online business in Michigan. Therefore, most of them will open their business towards the end of 2020 or early 2021.
Michigan gaming and the effect of online casinos
Online casinos in MI will have multiple impacts on the socio-economic developments of the state. Therefore, these sites generate massive sums of money through taxes. Casinos can also focus on specific community developments. For instance, they support hospitals and schools. Finally, online bookies present employment opportunities for many Michiganders.
Responsible Gambling in Michigan
Many premier online gambling sites encourage you to seek assistance if you experience problems while betting. The bookies offer hotline numbers, which you should use to reach them out for help. Besides, through the Michigan Department of Health and Human Resources, the state has a committed team that assists Michigan residents addicted to gambling. And, responsible bookies have self-exclusion rules that allow you to isolate yourself if you realize you have a problem with gambling.