Legal Indiana Online Casino and Gambling Sites
Indiana sports betting is on the verge of going live, and there are hopes that casino games will soon follow. However, in the meantime, if you are a resident of Indiana State, you have options for legal online casino games. These fall under sweepstake casinos.
They are legal and operate under sweepstake laws. Here, you'll buy chips directly in the form of either “gold coins” or “gold chips,” and you will get free sweeps coins. You can play the big jackpots and other entertaining games using the sweep coins. If you win, you get to cash out the sweep coins for dollars.
Top National Players Already Own Most of Indiana's Casinos. They Include:
- Belterra Casino Resort, Florence: It partners with both BetMGM and FanDuel, which are successful sportsbook operators and online casinos in other states.
- Ameristar Casino Hotel, East Chicago and Hollywood Casino Lawrenceburg: Penn National Gaming owns both casinos and is among the top tier online casino gaming operators in Pennsylvania. However, in Indiana, Ameristar partners with DraftKings sports betting sites that have launched online casinos already.
- Horseshoe Casino Hammond and Caesars Southern Indiana Hotel and Casino: They both belong to Caesars Entertainment, which also doubles up as owners of two racinos – Indiana Grand and Hoosier Park. Caesars are already established online poker and online casino operators in other states.
- French Lick Resort Casino: French Lick resort partners with Rush Street Interactive to focus on the development of online products. It already has successful sportsbook operations and online casinos in Pennsylvania and New Jersey.
How We Rate Legal Indiana Online Gambling Sites
- License and Regulations – If you want a secure and safe casino websitess in Indiana, consider one with a valid license from the Indiana gaming authority. Check for the license number and date of issue at the bottom of the website page to confirm that you are placing your bets with a licensed online casino.
- Safety and Security – All online casinos in Indiana are safe and secure because of the intense and rigorous verification process. The idea is to protect player identity, details, and money from fraudulent activities. Most online gambling sites use SSL-encryption software to safeguard the financial details of players from third parties.
- Trustworthy and Reputation – Players often give reviews of their experience with different online casinos. It is idealistic to check for reviews before you register with any online casino in Indiana. The reviews can be both positive and negative and are all over the internet. If there are many satisfied players than disgruntled ones, you may go forward and register with that casino.
- Number and Variety of Games – Indiana online casinos that offer a wide variety of games to bet on are the most ideal. Sometimes you want one game or league that you are familiar with, which is also okay. However, check that they have the games that interest you before registering with any casino.
- User Experience (app) – The website design and interface should be user friendly. Furthermore, check that the casino you want to register with allows mobile applications to be more convenient. If you can navigate easily around the website pages and gain access using different devices, you can consider that online casino.
- Bonuses and Promotions – Most web-based casinos in Indiana offer both promotions and bonuses. They are a way to keep you engaged and motivated. Check that the casino of your choice has these rewards. But be careful not to overindulge. Some have strict rules and conditions before you qualify for the bonus and promotions. The ones with lenient rules are the best, and you should consider them when registering to place your bets.
- Loyalty Program – When you are loyal to one or many casinos, they usually have a loyalty program that rewards their most loyal bettors. In Indiana, such programs as the VIP loyalty program is widespread, and you can earn cash and other great prizes just by placing bets with one Indiana online casino regularly. Check that your casino of choice has a loyalty program before registering.
- Banking – Consider the payment options of a particular online casino as some have limited options. If they have one that you are familiar and comfortable with, go forward and register with them as it means you will have convenient transactions and payouts.
Online Gambling Laws and Regulations in Indiana
Before registering with any Indiana online casino, you need to ask yourself lots of legal questions. Besides the regular sign-up and wager, you also need to know what you can or cannot bet on. The following is a summary of what you need to know before registering with any online casino in the Hoosier State.
- You must be located in Indiana physically to make a legal bet
- Be 21 years and above and hold a valid social security number.
- You can place a bet from anywhere as long as you are in the state of Indiana.
- In Indiana, you have the freedom to register an online account from anywhere within the state.
- You do not have to be a resident of Indiana to wager legally.
- You should not bet on amateur and e-sports in Indiana.
Are Indiana Online Casino Gambling Sites Safe?
Most Indiana online casino sites are reputable and will go the extra mile to ensure your money is safe. Any site suspected and caught doing anything to the contrary risk being blacklisted or even have their license revoked. All the casino sites listed here are reliable and safe and work hard to make their names reputable.
However, you should still keep your online casino details private. People with access to your private information can easily access your account and collect your money without your knowledge. A safe practice is to keep changing your password regularly.
For residents in states with strict gambling regulations like Indiana, the alternative to online casinos is Sweepstakes. It is a way that allows them to counter existing prohibitions to gaming laws.
Most of these sites fall in sweepstakes because of their operations and not gambling sites. But considering the strict laws and regulations on gambling imposed on Indiana residents, only a handful of such sweepstakes are in operation. In Hoosier state, a site like Chumba casino and Global Poker are in operation.
The reason behind the operations is that these sites offer players free incentives and money for an entry. All a player has to do is to mail a request to the site. Because players play for free, the payments players make are convenient rather than their ability to participate.
When taking part in sweepstakes in Indiana, there is a thin line between criminality and legitimacy. Hence residents must take caution before subscribing to most of the available online gambling sites. It can be a criminal act to play on such sites.
List Online Casinos That are Active in Indiana and Who Operates Them
- BetAmerica – It is a sportsbook that majors on horse races and bets. It has years of experience, and the owners and operators are Churchill Downs and affiliates.
- BetMGM – BetMGM is an international sports betting and casino company. Its owners and operators are GVC Holdings and MGM Resorts International. It serves as the exclusive MGM casinos and MGM sports betting division in the United States.
- BetRivers – BetRivers is also known as Rivers Sportsbook and is part of the larger Rush Street family. Rush Street family has its operations in brick and mortar online gaming and casinos.
- DraftKings – It specializes in American daily fantasy sports content. It is a sports betting operator that allows users to enter weekly and daily fantasy sports contests and win money based on individual player performances.
- Fanduel – Fanduel offers a sportsbook, online horse betting, online casino, and daily fantasy sports betting. It is a New York-based company with Flutter Entertainment, Kotikan Limited, numberFire, and Fandom Gaming Inc. listed as its subsidiaries.
- PointsBet – PointsBets is an online bookmaker that offers fixed odds markets for both sports and entertainment. The more your bet wins, the more money you will cash out. The owners and operators are PointsBet Holdings Limited.
- Unibet – Unibet is part of a group of online operators consisting of 11 brands, including 32Red, iGame, Maria Casino, and San James. It is an international sports betting, bingo, video poker, and online casino. It has operations in over 100 countries.
- Caesars – The owners and operators of Caesars Palace are Vici Properties. It is both a sports and entertainment betting company with other property holdings like hotels and casinos.
- theScore – theScore is a publicly-traded digital company that operates under the ownership of Score Media and Gambling Inc. It provides online sports betting on a variety of sports.
Expected Online Casino Bonuses and Promotions
Many legal online gambling and casino sites generally make the market competitive. Therefore, it means there is a need to have generous bonuses and other offers from most of the online operators to entice and retain new players. These are some of the popular offers.
Sign Up Bonus
It is an offer that new players receive from Indiana fonline casinos when they are newly registered. It is a welcome package that sets up the new players with an opportunity to win by just signing with them. Most bonuses range between 10% to 100% of the initial deposit amount.
It means that you will have more sign-up bonus if you deposit a higher amount. However, be keen on the terms and conditions before signing up as there might be hidden clauses you do not understand.
No Deposit Bonus
It implies that you receive a bonus just by signing up with a sportsbook. There is no initial deposit required, yet you still qualify for a start-up bonus. Usually, the bonus ranges between 20-30 US dollars. However, some sites may require you to wager at least once or twice before you can redeem the money.
By making an initial deposit, the sportsbook or casino operator will match your deposit up to 100% and sometimes more. Such bonuses require that a player wagers many times before you can redeem the money.
As the name suggests, a reload can be a bonus to reward a depleted or an inactive account for a player.
With slot players, new customers are given free spins to try playing the slots. There is nothing to lose whether you end up lucky or not. However, if you win from a free spin, you collect the reward.
Some bonuses will not reflect automatically in a player's account. They exist in a combination of numeric and alphabets. Promo codes are accessible on the casinos website and usually in a display that players can see easily.
Free play is where the player can make bets without depositing any amount in the account. You can get lucky and collect your money, but you do not lose anything if you fail. They entice players to visit the sites regularly and stake even when they have no money in the accounts.
Most online operators have reward programs for existing players. The sites issue points that a player can collect and convert into cash or other prizes. The higher the player wagers or frequently plays will determine the number of points they can receive.
Indiana Mobile Casino Apps for iOS and Android
Most casino games are moving to embrace the mobile screen market. Sports betting sites are targeting players with mobile devices to bring the services closer to the players. Most players are betting remotely because they can use browsers and applications installed on their mobile devices.
Most sportsbooks and casino operators have taken the challenge and crafted ingenious and user-friendly apps compatible with Android and iOS users.
Popular Casino Games in Indiana
Before players start to see popular games in live casinos accessible online, it is only a matter of time. All that is pending is for online casinos and gambling to become legalized in the state of Indiana. Among the popular casino games are:
- Slots – Similar to traditional casinos, Indiana online casinos also offer an extensive slot machine selection. Because you do not have to wait for a slot machine to be available, the games adjust to your screen, and the 3D image also brings exciting effects. There are also no low payouts, and online slots also offer free plays to the slots.
- Roulette – Roulette has simple rules and is a popular game in casinos and now online. The online version uses an electronic number generator to replace the physical wheel of the casinos.
- Blackjack – It is among the most popular game table players enjoy at the casinos and is therefore popular online. There Is no need for physical casino space and table restriction meaning you can have more blackjack variations online. The stakes can be lower and the pay great.
- Baccarat – Baccarat is a game of skill between two hands. It includes the banker and the player. It is also a table game, and the online version occupies no physical space hence faster plays.
- Poker – The state of Indiana is already familiar with poker as a table game. There are more live games and a varied selection of poker games available online.
- Craps – Craps is also a popular dice and table game that interest many players in Indiana casinos. Its availability in online casinos is exciting and fun.
Live Dealer Casino Games in Indiana
There is a social element in all live dealers for most table games. It includes a live person that deals the cards to online players. The players also can interact with each other and the dealer using an open chat system either on a computer or mobile device.
If online casinos will offer the live dealer option is a test of time as its availability can vary from state to state. It depends on the different online regulations of each state.
Deposit and Withdrawal Methods Available at Indiana Online Gambling Sites
- Pre-paid card – Most casino operators use designated cards for their online casino operations. Upon registration, a player can load money onto the card and use it when withdrawing or depositing funds from the account.
- Cash at a retail casino – It refers to a player paying in person at a retail casino or sportsbook that licenses the betting site. It eliminates the online payment platform.
- ACH / eCheck – It is a less complicated and super-easy way to transfer money from your bank account to your casino account. It is electronic, immediate, and straightforward.
- Debit / Credit cards – Also, VISA/Mastercard is a convenient, acceptable, and instant way to transfer funds. Most US casinos approve of it. However, some card providers may issue service charges, and you should be aware of this before using this method.
- PayPal – It is a popular e-wallet that is accredited for moving money fast with the most reliable security measures. It uses encrypted and monitored financial details, making it secure to send and receive money in Indiana.
- Neteller – Neteller is also an e-wallet that operates the same way as PayPal. It offers low fees on both deposits and withdrawals.
- Play+ – It is a reliable prepaid card that carries the brand of your casino operator. You can deposit and withdraw funds instantly with little or no fees charged. You can add money to the prepaid card via your bank account or credit card.
- PayNearMe – It is an option that eliminates online transactions. It involves visiting your local 7-eleven to deposit cash to your sportsbook account. You will get a unique barcode that you issue to the cashier.
- Wire transfer – It involves an online bank transfer of funds, but you must activate the “PayBill” option with your bank. It is fast, accurate, and reliable.
- Skrill – It is an e-wallet but cheaper than PayPal. Depositing is also easy, safe, and reliable.
How to Sign Up at an Online Casino in Indiana
It is not a complicated process to start wagering in Indiana. The process starts by choosing a casino site, sign-up, and start gambling.
Most online casinos ensure that the sign-up process is easy, and players can either gain access via mobile devices or through the website. The online casino must have a valid Indiana Gaming license.
It is a routine sign-up activity that requires players to divulge basic personal information like name, date of birth, address, & Social Security Number (Normally, it's only the last four digits. The site can bolster security options by creating passwords and security questions.
All valid Indiana online casinos and sportsbooks are safe and secure, and all information shared remains private. To confirm identity, you can verify your email account.
History of Online Gambling in Indiana and When Does it Plan to Launch?
Indiana banned the state lottery and gambling in 1851. Until 1988 is when the push to lift the gambling ban started to materialize. In 1989 the Indiana General Assembly let the voters decide the outcome, and the option to lift the ban passed with a 60% margin.
Afterward, many legal gambling locations opened and expanded territories. The legal count is only 13, which includes two riverboat casinos, two racinos, and two land-based casinos.
It was not until 1992 that Indiana pushed for a legislative and functional framework to introduce legal sports betting. In late September 2019, the Hoosier state launched a regulated sports betting at physical gambling establishments with live gambling following the next month.
Indiana Gaming and the Effect of Online Casinos
There is lots of hope for Indiana online casinos as legislators consider the legal framework and measures to legalize online casino and gambling by early next year. Sports betting in Indiana is already successful.
The online casino's achievements in neighboring states like Michigan may also persuade the move to make legislators support the oncoming iGaming measure.
In recent facts, the Indiana state surpassed the $1 billion all-time sports betting mark last month. More is expected considering the vision of and success of online casinos and licensed iGaming sites in New Jersey, Michigan, and Pennsylvania.
However, online poker is not yet in the vision as it requires more details that legislators are not willing to wrap their heads into at the moment. There is just too much information and so little time to grasp.
Responsible Gambling in Indiana
Unfortunately, gambling is not full proof, and a percentage of the residents in Indiana will develop unhealthy relationships because of the practice. The problem is magnified when players are incapable of stopping the gambling habit even when they should or want to stop.
Fortunately, Indiana has lots of resources and can provide its citizens with the necessary help. All services are free, and the program is funded by the tax dollars gained from the gambling taxes.
Indiana residents can now visit the Gambling Help Website for related gambling problems. There are self-assessment tests that players can take on the site to determine the level of help they need. The information a player divulges determines the treatment and support groups one can join to be better.
There is also a provision for Indiana State to help both the gambling player and their families through a well-structured support system. The available experts work round the clock to offer assistance to anyone that visits the site with a problem.
Finally, Indiana State insists on licenses of self-exclusion programs and also operates one. The programs are a way to assist problem gamblers to access restrictions to ensure they protect themselves against themselves. It means if a player self-excludes themselves from a casino, they will not be given access within that period.
The period can also be a permanent self-exclusion option.