How we rate legal California online gambling sites
When rating legal California online gambling sites, we consider various factors, for instance;
License and regulations
Online gambling sites with higher ratings hold licenses from renowned licensing bodies. Licensing gambling sites ensures that all online gambling operations are regulated. Most significantly, we consider the sites with permits from the California regulatory bodies, for instance; The California Gambling Control Commission, The California Horse Racing Board, and The Bureau of Gambling Control.
Safety and security
When rating California online gambling sites, we put into consideration online safety and security. The best sites incorporate the latest SSL encryption technology to ensure that third parties cannot access the user’s info and online transaction details. Besides, the license an online gambling site holds counts towards its safety.
Trustworthy and reputation
Additionally, we consider the trustworthiness and reputability of an online gambling site. Here, we check on the customer reviews and how easy you can cash out your winnings. You should always go for sites with excellent and satisfying customer reviews.
Number and variety of games
The best online gambling site is one that offers a wide range of gaming options. For instance, an online casino should feature a rich games catalog to earn a higher ranking.
Furthermore, we keep in mind the total user experience. In this, we firstly check on the online gambling site’s interface. Secondly, we check on how to navigate through the site. Thirdly, we consider the customer service that the site offers. Moreover, the support team should be friendly, supportive, and available 24/7.
Bonuses and promotions
Online gambling fanatics lobby for a site where they can grab a variety of bonuses and promotions. Consequently, a site with numerous offers is highly rated. Some of the most common bonuses and promotions include; the welcome bonus, free spins, and reload bonuses.
We all want a site where we get something in return for our loyalty. We rate online gambling sites according to the VIP and loyalty rewards program they offer. Online gambling sites with higher ratings have lucrative loyalty programs that keep your gaming experience thrilling by the minute.
Moreover, we consider the available California banking options to users. We rate the gambling sites according to the number, speed, and convenience of payment options. Besides, all players want a gambling site where they can securely withdraw their winnings.
Online gambling laws and regulations in California
There are various gambling restrictions in the state of California. For instance, the federal UIGEA 2006 Act.
According to the law, no US company should accept payments from gamblers who place bets online. As a result, online casino sites are illegal in this state.
Additionally, although there are no specific laws that directly address gambling at an unregulated site, penal code 330a can be applied to mobile gaming, for example, through a smartphone or PC.
Are California gambling sites safe?
Gambling in social casinos, sweepstakes, regulated online poker gambling, or reveling in fantasy sports gambling sites is safe for Californian gamblers. Besides, three bodies overlook the gambling industries in California:
- The Bureau of Gambling Control
- The California Gambling Control commission
- The California Horse Racing Board
Nevertheless, the state prohibits any form of online casino activity. As a result, online casinos are illegal, and consequently, such gambling sites are not safe, and you cannot be sure that you can withdraw winnings from the casino.
Online casinos and sweepstakes sites that are active in California
Although there are limited gambling options in this state, California offers pretty commendable legal online gambling sites. The most popular option is sweepstakes online casinos. Also, there are various poker sites, horse betting sites, and fantasy sports sites.
These online gambling sites ensure that different players can access real-money casino games, poker games and place bets on their favorite sports. Some of the best California online casinos and sweepstakes site include:
- CHUMBA casino: Owned and operated by Virtual Gaming Worlds (VGW)
- My Vegas: owned and operated by MGM
- Global poker: owned by Virtual Gaming Worlds
- LUCKY LAND slots sweepstakes casino: Owned by Virtual Gaming Worlds (VGW)
- RUSH GAMES.com casino: Rush Street Interactive owns and operates this social casino
- Winstar social casino: owned and operated by the Chickasaw Nation
- Big fish social casino
- DoubleDown social casino
- GSN casino
- Slotomainia social casino
- Funzpoints casino
- b spot casino
- HardRock casino
Expected online casino bonuses and promotions
Most gambling fanatics lobby for a site that offers numerous bonuses and promotions. Essentially, this is a significant part of the online gambling world. Some of the bonuses and promotions that players from California can expect in online casinos include:
- Sign up bonus – Commonly known as the welcome bonuses. Considering that most legal online casinos in neighboring states offer very generous sign-up bonuses. We can speculate that you would get enticing welcome offers in California online casinos. The offer could come in different forms, for instance, a match deposit bonus along with free spins.
- No deposit bonus – We all love something for free. Sign up at an online casino to receive this free token. It can come in different forms, for example, free spins or free play money. Nevertheless, you would have to satisfy specific wagering requirements before the casino allows you to withdraw.
- Match bonus – Casinos offer this bonus once a player deposits real cash. The casino matches the deposit with a certain percentage, for example, 100%,200%. Although this type of bonus is very generous, you would have to play more often to unlock it.
- Reload bonus – This bonus is more similar to the deposit match bonus. That is, players, get extras on every deposit made.
- Free spins – Mostly tied to specific slot games. Although slot fanatics can take pride in this bonus, there is always significant play through requirements attached to it. It is advisable to read the T&Cs associated with the bonus.
- Promo codes – The promotion codes unlock special casino offers. Most online casino sites will offer these codes to attract new players or treat existing ones.
- Free play – These bonuses are free money that the casino gives to players as free chips to revel in their favorite games. You should note that a free play bonus is time-bound. For example, the casino may specify that you can only use the bonus in one hour.
- Reload bonus – This is a bonus that online casino players enjoy just by making a deposit. It is much similar to the match deposit. However, this bonus is for existing customers.
California mobile casino Apps for iOS and Android
Suppose you are wondering whether mobile apps will facilitate mobile gaming after California legalizes casino gaming. You can be sure that the casinos will offer apps that will allow gaming fanatics to revel in various games even on the go. That is to say; you would access the casino from anywhere in the state. Besides, considering that most casinos in other legal neighboring gambling states offer mobile casino apps for Android and iOS devices, it is safe to anticipate that you would be able to download these apps from the App Store or the casino’s website.
Furthermore, most social casinos in California offer players mobile apps. With the app, you can revel in different slots and table games at the comfort of your place and time. Besides, playing these mobile games helps you accrue points, get credits and prizes.
Popular casino games in California
If California legalizes online casino activity, gaming fanatics can expect numerous games. Most of them are the most popular games in other neighboring states.
- Slots – Most tribal casinos in California offer a wide variety of slots. In the same vein, if the state legalizes the operation of online casinos, you would have access to much more slot games, for example: Traditional slots, Video slots and Progressive slot games.
- Roulette – There are plenty of players that love the fun that comes with the Roulette spinning wheel. Additionally, if the state legalizes online casinos, you would enjoy Roulette from any part of the state. Unlike the Roulette game played in a brick and motor casino, online Roulette uses a random number generator (RNG). Most importantly, this game has elementary and straightforward rules.
- Blackjack – It is always a popular table game on most gambling sites. Besides, players can revel in different blackjack variants ranging from side bets like Mega Match to micro-limit games.
- Baccarat – Baccarat is a form of card game that has a French origin. It is one of the most popular casino games among players in California. With a little luck and some skill, you can revel in this game.
- Poker – Poker lovers from California have access to incredible poker options. It is the leading state in poker. You can enjoy your favorite poker games in tribal casinos and cardrooms in California. Besides, online casinos will come with more options to add to the list.
- Craps – It is a dice game that is popular in California. According to California’s laws and regulations, craps are illegal because they use the dice to determine the outcome. Therefore, most California casinos offer modified versions of craps. These versions use cards to determine the outcome.
Live dealer games in California
Casino gamers from California can play live dealer games for various table games like baccarat and blackjack. Apart from playing the live dealer games in a brick and motor casino, online casinos will take your gaming experience to another level. You would get access to live games by streaming through a computer or a mobile device. Therefore, you can play and even chat with a live dealer from the casino. Considering the neighboring states, some of the live dealer games to expect include; Live Roulette, Casino Hold'em, Live Baccarat, and Live Blackjack.
Deposit and withdrawal methods available at California online gambling sites
Online gambling sites in other states offer numerous payment methods to players. When online casinos launch in California, we expect that there will be dozens of supported payment methods, including:
- ACH/eCheck: With this method, you can make a transaction between your bank account and an online gambling site. Above all, this option is convenient for both deposits and withdrawals. You, however, have to a little patience since the transaction may take time to process.
- Debit/credit cards: most people have a debit/credit card, for instance, a MasterCard or visa. Therefore, this is the most convenient option available. You can consequently fund your casino account or withdraw your winnings quickly.
- NETELLER: It is an e-wallet payment option that allows you to make online transactions.
- Play+: With this option, players can use prepaid cards. Besides, it allows for fast and secure deposits and withdrawals.
- PayPal: it is the most popular e-wallet form of payment. The option facilitates fast and secure online transactions.
- PayNearMe: California players can only use this method to deposit funds to an online gambling site. It uses a barcode to facilitate the transaction process.
- Wire transfer: One of the most popular deposit options supported by legal online casinos in other states. Wire transfer comes with many benefits, such as high transfer limits, cost-effectiveness, and it is acceptable in most online gambling sites. The only setback with this payment method is that it is a bit slow.
- Skrill: It is yet another e-wallet payment option. Like with any other online payment method, it facilitates the withdrawal of funds from your casino account.
How to step-by-step sign up at a California online casino
Considering other regulated online casino sites, we probably would expect a similar sign-up procedure. You would access an easy and straight forward sign-up process in a California online casino by following the step-by-step sign-up guide below:
- To start with, you have to register an account with the casino. In this step, you would have to fill in a registration form with the required details, for instance, your full names and date of birth.
- Secondly, read the T&Cs associated with making deposits. After that, log in to your account, head over to the cashier section, and make your first deposit.
- Thirdly, take advantage of the casino’s bonuses and offers. Like legal online casinos in other states provide enticing bonuses, we can expect that California online casinos will launch with lots of offers available to players.
- After making your deposit, you will most likely be able to play on real cash in your favorite casino games.
History of online gambling in California and when does it plan to launch?
With the supreme court’s decision to legalize sports betting in various states., California’s online betting future is promising. Besides, the city lawmakers are considerate that online gambling is an essential tax revenue source.
Nevertheless, it is hard to envision when the state plans to launch online casino gambling due to various reasons. Firstly, there is no consensus between multiple stakeholders in the state, including lawmakers and tribal casinos. On the other hand, to pass a bill requires approval from the legislature as well as voters. With that, sports betting is popular while online casino legislation is yet. With the uncertainty of online gambling legislation in California, Sweepstakes and social casinos offer a recommendable online gaming experience to players in this state. However, you can only play the table games and slots provided for entertainment or winning certain prizes but not for real money. Furthermore, to revel in the social casino games, you must have a casino account or a Facebook account.
California has many restrictive laws regarding online gambling. Gambling in California dates back to the Goldrush era. Even when other gambling forms are illegal, the prevalence of cardrooms and horse racing is proof enough. On the other hand, the late 1980’s mark the legalizing of casino games in most states. Since then, there has been a political stalemate between the Native American gambling sites and California’s card rooms and horse racing.
California gaming and the effect of online casinos
California gaming is a topic that is a surging source of debate. Although traditional online casinos are illegal in California, there are numerous sweepstakes-styles casinos where gaming fanatics from the state can play using virtual currencies.
Some of the legal gaming forms in California include:
- Land-based gaming
- Sweepstakes gambling
- Charitable gambling
Land-based games, especially poker, is top-rated in California. On the other hand, there are various proposals for online sports betting and online poker legislation. Most notable is that you can only play for amusement or prizes in the available sweepstakes casinos. Considering this, legalizing online casinos in California would potentially expand gaming practices throughout the state. For instance, you would revel in any casino games of your choice. Nevertheless, the legalization of online casinos in California is still uncertain.
California social casinos and online casinos alike have a strong stance on responsible gambling.
In most cases, you will find a link to a comprehensive responsible gaming guide at the bottom of the casino’s homepage. This guide has all the information you may need on responsible gambling. For instance, you can find info on keeping your gaming experience fun by spending what you can afford to lose and reliable gambling tools like:
- Limits on purchases
- Time session limits
California online casino Summary
Although most online casino activities in California are prohibited, the surging popularity of casino games throughout the world signifies hope for the legalization of online gambling in this state.
Nevertheless, there are no recent bills on online gambling legislation in California since 2017. As such, it is clear that online casino activity in California is a non-issue at the moment. On the other hand, with most neighboring states accruing more tax dollars from internet-based casinos, California will most likely realize what they have been missing. Potential tax revenues might potentially roll the dice to legalizing online casinos in California in the future.